Subject: Re: NetBSD/pmax WSCONS
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/14/2002 18:57:14
Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu> wrote:

> 	Also, can we take a bigger whack at the Acess.Bus while we're here
> and the code surrounding it is fresh in your minds? I have one of the
> systems that 9 times out of 10, the mouse
> attaches to 0x6a, or 0x6c I forget which, but the addresses are reversed
> from the static entries in dtop.c so my mouse becomes the keyboard and the
> keyboard becomes the mouse. Is there any way to probe the PROM for what
> device is at which address? I could care less about the hot-swapping
> ability if it would just work well enough to have a keyboard and mouse. I
> have the Access.Bus documents and hardbound manuals on I2C from Phillips,
> but not the programming know how :) (still).

With the wscons drivers it's possible to hard-wire the definitions into the
kernel configuration, but if it's indeterminte then that's not too useful.

Does this reversal ever happen "on the fly" - e.g. while you're typing into
an xterm? Either way it should be easy enough to solve; ACCESS.bus devices
are supposed to be able to identify themselves, somewhat like SCSI devices -
so it's just a case of adding and testing the code to do that. I'll look at
this soon.

Andrew