Subject: Re: NetBSD/pmax WSCONS
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/13/2002 18:12:32
I compiled the proposed WSCONS kernel and placed the image
at ftp.netbsd.org. It will be distributed shortly all over the world as;
/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/WSCONS/netbsd.15ZB.gz

Several points necessary to mention.
- removed minor non-senses.
- checked HX, CX, TX, MX and DV (maxine builtin fb).  Note that only
HX is hardware accelerated.  All others are plain 8bpp devices including
MX and TX.
- MX is found broken.  It's a mono device and not capable of
WS_KERNEL_FG.
- It's necessary to intercept and bail out Ctrl-Alt-<X. Otherwise, MAXINE
gets hard reset.
- "chatty key stroke" symptom has not been addressed this moment.
- I'm not satisfied with 8bpp rasfont rendering performance.  It's necessary
to do the best for rather common 8bpp arrangement with modest code
size penalty.

Toru Nishimura