Subject: Re: NetBSD/pmax WSCONS
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <email@example.com>
Date: 03/13/2002 18:12:32
I compiled the proposed WSCONS kernel and placed the image
at ftp.netbsd.org. It will be distributed shortly all over the world as;
Several points necessary to mention.
- removed minor non-senses.
- checked HX, CX, TX, MX and DV (maxine builtin fb). Note that only
HX is hardware accelerated. All others are plain 8bpp devices including
MX and TX.
- MX is found broken. It's a mono device and not capable of
- It's necessary to intercept and bail out Ctrl-Alt-<X. Otherwise, MAXINE
gets hard reset.
- "chatty key stroke" symptom has not been addressed this moment.
- I'm not satisfied with 8bpp rasfont rendering performance. It's necessary
to do the best for rather common 8bpp arrangement with modest code