Subject: Re: NetBSD/pmax WSCONS
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/13/2002 15:26:27
> From: "Chris Tribo" <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
> I just tried to bring up the kernels on my MAXine KN02-CA v2.0m
> and received some strangness. I'm copying this down by hand, so I'll only
> type out the things that strike me as out of the ordinary in the dmesg.
> vsms0 at zsc0 channel 0
> wsmouse0 at vms0 (mux ignored)  <- I have no mouse here, is this probed?

An error in configuration file.  MAXINE has no use of CH-A of the Zilog.

> xcfb0 at tc slot 2 offset 0x0xcfb: coudln't lock font
> : 1024x768, 8bpp <- the couldn't lock font doesn't look right.

This always happens when 'non-console' fb is attached during configure()
process.  Andy knows the reason why font locking is done in that way.

> wsdisplay0 at xcfb0 (kbdmux ignored)  <-- no monitor or cable for xcfb

This works as expected.

> sfb0 at tc0 slot 0 offset 0x0: 1280x1024, 8bpp
> wsdisplay1 at sfb0 (kbdmux ignored): console (std, vt100 emulation),using
wskbd0

This is OK, too.

> *Machine wedges solid here, with both netbsd and netbsd-alt*

Behaving differently from mine.   I will spend some more time.

Toru Nishimura