Subject: Re: NetBSD/pmax WSCONS -- More suckers needed
To: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/13/2002 00:46:46
	I just tried to bring up the kernels on my MAXine KN02-CA v2.0m
and received some strangness. I'm copying this down by hand, so I'll only
type out the things that strike me as out of the ordinary in the dmesg.

vsms0 at zsc0 channel 0
wsmouse0 at vms0 (mux ignored)  <- I have no mouse here, is this probed?
dt0 at ioasic0 offset 0x280000
dtms0 at dt0
wsmouse1 at dtms0 (mux ignored)
dtkbd0 at dt0
wskbd0 at dtkbd0 (mux ignored): console keyboard
xcfb0 at tc slot 2 offset 0x0xcfb: coudln't lock font
: 1024x768, 8bpp	<- the couldn't lock font doesn't look right.
wsdisplay0 at xcfb0 (kbdmux ignored)  <-- no monitor or cable for xcfb
sfb0 at tc0 slot 0 offset 0x0: 1280x1024, 8bpp
wsdisplay1 at sfb0 (kbdmux ignored): console (std, vt100 emulation),using
wskbd0
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
	*Machine wedges solid here, with both netbsd and netbsd-alt*

  The only peculiarity on this system is the non-DEC ROM'd HD, a 1 GB Sun
OEM'd Seagate hawk (big brother of RZ25L), and the fact that I'm
bootstrapping this kernel from 1.5.0 boot blocks.
from cnfg3:

rz0	ST11200N SUN1.05	SEAGATE	9500	DIR

	Chris