Subject: Re: mopd and byte order
To: <>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/01/2002 14:05:04
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 02:49:16PM +0100, Blaz Zupan wrote:
>
>  > Is mopd running on a big indian machine (sparc) supposed to work for booting a
>  > little endian (pmax) machine?
>
> It should work, yes.  However, I'm not sure anyone has ever MOP booted
> NetBSD/pmax -- generally, bootp/tftp :-)

i use mopd to boot a DECserver 300, but I'm not sure what type of
processor that uses.

What version of the OS do you have running on your sparc?  I know that
somewhere between 1.4 and 1.4.3, mopd was broken.  I haven't tried to see
if the problem exists in the 1.5 branch or -current.  Have you tried
running mopd with the '-d' flag to run it in the foreground in debug mode?

-Dan