Subject: Re: mopd and byte order
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@amis.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/01/2002 08:12:57
> I don't believe our MOP server code actually understands pmax.  I thought
> it was VAX only?  Or is it the other way around?
>
> I doubt the DECstation boot monitor will like an a.out image, anyway; the
> native Ultrix executable format was ECOFF.

I don't know, but the manpage for mopd says:

     mopd supports two kinds of files. The first type that is check is if the
     file is in a.out(5) format. If not, a couple of Digital's formats are
     checked.

It doesn't mention ecoff anywhere (although I've tried with ecoff), that's why
I converted it to a.out.

Blaz Zupan,  Medinet d.o.o, Trzaska 85, SI-2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: blaz@amis.net, Tel: +386 2 320 6320, Fax: +386 2 320 6325