Subject: Re: mission impossible
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/28/2002 14:05:36
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Stanley Reynolds wrote:

> Looking for a irix emulator but can't find one.

Well, SimOS (simos.stanford.edu) emulates Irix quite nicely, though at
dramatically reduced speed on non-SGI machines - and you need an Irix 5.3
machine or installation CD, and version of your app, so you may be out of
luck.

It's probably possible to emulate Irix under NetBSD/pmax, but the byte
order is different.

> Is there any way I should try like one of
> the i386 clients under wine ? (don't think it would
> work without a 386 emulator for the mips processor and
> what about the FPU unit ?)

I believe WINE only runs on an x86.