Subject: Upgrade Questions???
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/27/2002 16:08:21
I have a DS5k240 running 1.5 with a custom kernel using MI scsi suport.  I
would like to upgrade to 1.5.2 but am unfamiliar with the *exact*
proceedure..  Do I:
Unpack the new syssrc, unpack the binary packages, then compile and reboot
or:
unpack the binary packages, reboot, unpack the new syssrc, then compile
and reboot?
 What order do I do all this in?
Also, if I do the binary upgrade and then reboot, I will have probs cause
it looks like MI scsi isn't the default in the new generic kernel.  How do I get
around that without having to edit fstab twice?  Help!?

-Linc Fessenden