Subject: Re: Installing 1.5.2 on DECstation 5000/240
To: Blaz Zupan <blaz@inlimbo.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/27/2002 10:10:01
On 2002.02.27 09:50 Blaz Zupan wrote:

> I was able to mount
> the miniroot on a FreeBSD box (Intel is little indian), but the kernel
> is too big to fit on the miniroot,
Even as .gz? The bootloader should be able to boot .gz images.

> Is it just a plain old filesystem with "boot.pmax" and the kernel
> on it or does it need some special boot block magic?
Uhhh. Never done miniroot magic. Stop. Wrong. I tweaked the 4.3BSD-Tahoe
miniroot for my MicroVAX... But that is an other story. ;-) Hmm. I think
you will need "disklabel -B" / installboot(8) magic. Perhaps you should
look in the NetBSD source where the miniroot is build when you "make
release"...
--

tschüß,
         Jochen