Subject: Re: Installing 1.5.2 on DECstation 5000/240
To: Blaz Zupan <blaz@inlimbo.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/25/2002 14:57:50
hello

for the hell of it, maybe try 1.5.1 or 1.4.2.. who knows, the generic install
kernel might have a problem with it.
when it drops to the chevron after configuring the scsi adaptor,  does it
probe the scsi bus yet? The disk shouldnt make a difference.
to see all settings in the prom, give the command printenv.
the proms on the decstations were pretty simple, though..
also, to force the serial console , remove the graphics card, just to make
things simpler while troubleshooting...

isildur