Subject: Re: CD-ROM Booting Troubles
To: Henry R. Bent <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/30/2002 09:15:06
> >>boot 3/rz4/netbsd
>
> NetBSD/pmax 1.5.2 ISO 9660 Primary Bootstrap
> open failed
> open 3/rz4//boot.pmax: 6
> Can't load '3/rz4//boot.pmax'
> open failed
> open 3/rz4//boot: 6
> Can't load '3/rz4//boot'
> open failed
> open 3/rz4//boot.pma: 6
> Can't load '3/rz4//boot.pma'

How very odd!  I too am having the same problem with my 5000/240 box!  I'm going to grab
the another SCSI cdrom and see if that helps.

Strange thing, the SAME cdrom on my 3000/300 boots the Alpha 1.5.2 CD fine!

On my Vaxstation 4000/60 the NetBSD 1.5.2 install CD doesn't seem to work with this CDROM.
>> b dka300

The CDROM is an external unit that came off a SGI Indy machine...

> So I also tried Ultrix 4.4 and OSF/1 V1.0 CDs, both of which gave the same
> non-verbose answer:
>
> --
>
> >>boot 3/rz4/vmunix
> binit fld

Yep!  Me too! but with Ultrix 4.5...

I have a bootable NetBSD 1.5 Pmax install CD that I KNOW works and I'm going to see if
that will works...

jam