Subject: Re: CD-ROM Booting Troubles
To: Henry R. Bent <henry.bent@oberlin.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/24/2002 15:15:24
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Henry R. Bent wrote:

: I'm having some strange CD-ROM troubles with my /125.

: >>boot 3/rz4/netbsd
:
: NetBSD/pmax 1.5.2 ISO 9660 Primary Bootstrap
: open failed

: Does this mean that the CD-ROM is unable to read boot sectors?  It doesn't
: seem like it, because it was able to at least get the Primary Bootstrap from
: the NetBSD CD.  What else could be causing this?

Looks like the CD is fine.  Some revisions of the PROM on /125s (I have one)
are completely incapable of booting CDs, and no one is quite sure why.  It's
not determined whether you need a "special DEC" CD drive, or if it just
Won't Work on those PROM revisions.

Looks like you'll have to netboot it if you need to reinstall.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/