Subject: 1.5.2 on Personal DECstation 5000/20
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/08/2001 11:09:07
Well, I finally got around to installing NetBSD on 'er-- man, bootable CDs
are the greatest thing since sliced bread!  There was a minute of trouble
during the first attempt, gzip kept claiming `not in gzip format'.  I went
thru and tried it on a number of differnt .tgz's, got the same response.
Curiously, a reboot fixed it.  I dunno what happened, maybe the SCSI bus
glitched while loading the ramdisk.  Are there any pressing reasons to run
anything other than stock 1.5.2?  I hope to have this serving my personnal
webpage from my sister's dorm room, so the only things that will be running
are the lightest http server I can find, ssh, and dhclient.

ja ne

Bob