Subject: Re: Can't enter DDB
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/20/2001 14:42:31
exactly. though, hitting the halt button will also drop you to the console,
and doesnt depend on anything in the kernel working correctly..
after that, one should examine the stack pointer, figure out what the
frame should look like to imitate a proper entry into ddb, make such a
frame, set the fp and the sp properly, set the pc for a jump into it, and
go for it. with the proper incantations, one shoudl find oneself running
in ddb, at least enough to see what was going on.

isildur