Subject: Can't enter DDB
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/18/2001 23:29:07
Arrgh. My DS5000/260 ran 1.4 flawlessly for nearly a year without
rebooting. Since I upgraded (?) to 1.5.2, it has crashed four times -
frozen completely. Each time, I can't enter DDB, so I have no idea:
software crash? hardware failure? network problem? who knows?!!

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get information out of a
machine that is just sitting frozen? Is there any way to get into
DDB even if you're blocked in some normally non-interruptible state?

I would just like to know what is going on...