Subject: make package
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@mispibes.SynchroDS.COM>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/16/2001 11:11:59
Hi,

I'm not sure I understand the procedure indicated in "Packages.txt"
regarding building a binary package. I managed to compile and
install succesfully a few packages with the command "make" inside
each corresponding subdirectory. However I now want to build a
binary package. The instruction says:

   make package

   at the shell prompt. This will build and install your package
   (if not already done), and then construct a binary package out
   of the results so...

What happens is that it starts compiling the whole thing again
instead of taking the already installed components.  Or is it that
I have to use pkg_create? Thanks in advance.

Dan