Subject: Sendmail 8.12.1 on NetBSD 1.5.2
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <francus@yossi.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/15/2001 09:22:05
I am attempting to upgrade to sendmail 8.12.1; platform is pmax running
NetBSD 1.5.2

The software compiles without a problem and the daemon accepts email from
the outside just fine. When I attempt to send email I get an error messsage

drop_privileges: Unable to drop set-group-ID privileges

The sendmail web site states that if this message appears to compile with

-DSM_CONF_CANT_SETRGID

I did that and still see the same problem.

Sendmail provides a test script and it would seem to indicate that setgid
can reset the group id from a saved set.

Has anyone succeeded in installing sendmail 8.12.1? Would love to find out
what it took.

yoseff