Subject: RE: HP 35480A Tape Drive
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <ash.garg@telstra.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/31/2001 13:18:02
Hi there,

Looking around I have found the quirk table in st.c that could be modified
to allow the drive to work. When I tried to compile the kernel (took 4 hours
on Personal Dec 5000/25), it did not seem to reference this file.

What do I need to compile to include the changes in st.c and where do I
install the resulting binary?

I reconnected the drive to a FreeBSD box and was able tar/untar
successfully. I am hoping I can use the information returned from "mt
status" to modify the st.c quirk table.

Thanks,
Ash.