Subject: HP 35480A Tape Drive
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Ash Garg <ash.garg@telstra.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/23/2001 11:09:42
Guys, I got hold of the above tape drive and plugged it into my DEC
5000/125 running netbsd 1.4 but I don't know what to do from there...
IE I have never used tape drives before....

When I set the SCSI ID to 5 or 6, and I issue the "cnfg 3" command at
the boot prompt, the device is recognised. When NETBSD boots, the drive
appears as tz0 if the scsi id is 5 and tz1 if scsi id is 6.

I have tried mt and tar but the I keep getting an error message. How do
i troubleshoot this? I have tried this on a Freebsd box and I was able
to get the drive to spin write to the tape.

Some basics/introductory on how to use tape drives would be good as
well.

Thanks,
Ash