Subject: Re: What should I run
To: NetBSD/pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/12/2001 13:22:09
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 03:32:02PM +0100, Iggy Drougge wrote:

> I've been following the list regarding all the problems, particularly
> related to performance, which have arisen due to the integration of
> machine- independent devices as well as the cycle of the moon,
> according to some.  So, what version is safe to run, without any
> performance degradations compared to 1.4.1?

path of least resistance says stick with release-1-4 branch...  I ran
1.4 on my 5000/240 for years with no problems, and recently went to
1.4.3A with no troubles.  (just the standard recompile of libkvm,
etc...)

     "No single layer of abstraction can save the world or even make
      good coffee."  --  Kevin P. Neal