Subject: PMAX hardware and DEC peripherals -- take 'em away!
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: David Gingold <gingold@shore.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/30/2001 23:26:58
Port-pmaxers, I tried to peddle this stuff to you a while back, but
this time it's FREE.  Come take it away.  If you can suggest other
places for me to post my offer, please let me know.

Here's your chance to score some free DEC hardware, help clean out my
basement, and support victims of the 9/11 attack.

I have two PMAX systems (DECstation 5000/200 CPUs) and various DEC
peripherals that I would like to give away.  The equipment is in my
home in Somerville, Mass.  Here's how this works:

You should send me e-mail this week and let me know:

    1. Your name, e-mail, and phone number.

    2. Which items you are willing to take away.

    3. How much money you will contribute to the New York Times 9/11
       Neediest Fund when you receive the equipment.

I will let you know by 10/7 whether I've accepted your bid, based on
how much equipment I can unload and how much money I can raise.

I would like you to come by and pick up the stuff.  If you want items
shipped, you should offer to re-imburse me for shipping costs and to
make a particularly generous conribution.

The 9/11 Neediest Fund benefits people injured in the attack and the
families of people killed.  See:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/13/nyregion/13NEED.html

Of course, you're welcome to donate without taking any eqipment.

-dg

2 DECstation 5000/200 CPUs, with built-in thin Ethernet.

1 DEC PMAD-A Ethernet card (AUI interface) for DECstation 5000.

1 DEC PMAG-B video card for DECstation 5000.

2 DEC VR297-DA 17" Trinitron monitors.

  One has been tuned to work with a Mac, but could be re-tuned for the
  DEC.

1 DEC VRT19-DA 19" Trinitron monitor.

  Also tuned to work with a Mac, can be un-done.

1 DEC RRD40-DA SCSI CD-ROM in enclosure.

4 DEC SCSI enclosures, each holds two full-height 5.25" drives.

  The models are SZ12 C-FA, RZ5X-AA, SZ12 B-XA, and SZ12 X-HA.  They
  all look identical.  The last one is missing its power supply.

1 DEC RRD42-AA SCSI CD-ROM drive.

1 DEC TZ30 cartridge tape SCSI drive.

1 DECserver 200/MC terminal server.

1 DEC RZ57 1 GB SCSI drive

2 DEC RZ56 665 MB SCSI drives

2 DEC RZ55 332 MB SCSI drives

Various cables for SCSI, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.  A few
manuals.