Subject: dc interrupts?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/31/2001 08:37:57
I've got a 5000/200 (KN02-AA V5.3c) and I'm having trouble with the
serial lines.

The 1.4.2 kernel, or a kernel I build myself from the 1.4.2 source,
works fine.  It attaches the serial lines as

	tc0 at mainbus0: 25 MHz clock
	ioasic0 at tc0 slot 7 offset 0x0
	dc0 at ioasic0 offset 0x200000

But when I build a kernel from the source tree that's got everything I
want on this machine in it, the serial lines attach as

	tc0 at mainbus0: 25 MHz clock
	ibus0 at tc0 slot 7 offset 0x0
	dc0 at ibus0 addr 0x1fe00000

and kernel printf output works fine, but nothing else works.  By adding
debugging output I've satisfied myself that the reason nothing is
output is that dcintr() never gets called.

Looking at cvsweb makes me think that current still attaches dc at
ibus; ioasic appears to be gone.  Was 5k/200 serial output known to be
broken in early 2000?  Is it still broken?  If not, what's the relevant
change? I noodled around cvsweb looking at log messages, but didn't see
anything apparent - is there some way to search log messages?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign