Subject: build of -current on 5k/150 fails
To: port-pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@tampabay.rr.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/21/2001 21:46:50
I was able to get as far as the install of libc.so.12.77 when the
build of -current via cvs update from this morning came to an end.

The behavior is just like that exhibited on the alpha port a few
months ago - that is - as soon as the new shared libc is in place,
all programs that use the shared libc core dump from a seg fault.

I recover by pointing back to an older libc.so.12.76 I have around.

I'm afraid I wasn't privy to the solution for the alpha, if there
is any possible commonality here.

I'm working on a DEC 5000/150 running -current circa late June 2001.
I try every few weeks to build current and I don't recall that has
completed lately... oh yeah, the build from August 8th also suffered
the libc.so core dump syndrome.

Cheers,

-- Ken