Subject: Re: data sheets for 5000/200
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Huhn <stefan.huhn@epost.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/12/2001 19:01:16
Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/DEC/specs/DS5000_200_spec.ps

thx, this is what i was looking for :-)

Toru Nishimura wrote:

 > The 25MHz R3000 was a balanced fine computer used for various
 > research subjects among computer science community at that time.

that time afaik was 90/91, right?
does anyone know at which price this box was sold these days?

 > If you're serious of using it, I recommend you to obtain
 > TURBOchannel TCDS dual channel SCSI adaptor.  It runs far
 > faster than builtin PIO SCSI.

at the moment it's just running fine with netbsd 1.5. at university we
did some very very simple benchmark-stuff and i imlemented it on that
old dec (that's why i needed these specs, to compare)
gettin' components for it here in germany is rather difficult and if you
find those bits at ebay etc. they're really overpriced 'cause they are
so rare.

--
so far, stefan