Subject: Re: Netscape or Mosaic?
To: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/08/2001 22:46:03
[ On , July 8, 2001 at 14:23:39 (+0100), Iggy Drougge wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Netscape or Mosaic?
>
> I'm not asking for much more than HTML 3.2, or something similar to Netscape
> 3. And graphics, please. =)

I would highly recommend Amaya then.  It was _the_ HTML-3 testbed!

I haven't used the new version (5.0, release July 4) yet, but it sounds
quite promising too.

It's not really that slow, and it's an excellent HTML editor too!

I'm not sure it does HTTPS yet though, and last time I tried it on a
forms page designed for Netscape it left a bit to be desired.

There's also still Mosaic.  It has even improved over time!  Mosaic
needs lesstif12 (or Motif) though, while Amaya doesn't.  It won't run on
Alpha though (and maybe not any 64-bit machine).

> I wonder if Netscape couldn't be coerced into releasing the older Netscape
> sources.

I doubt it....

--
							Greg A. Woods