Subject: Re: Netscape or Mosaic?
To: NetBSD/pmax Discussion List <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/07/2001 23:29:45
On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Saturday, July 7, 2001 at 11:34:37 (+0100), David Brownlee wrote: ]
> > 	On a machine where netscape feels very fast, mozilla _may_ just be
> > 	barely usable. (example: 112MB 170Mhz sparc 5)
>
> On the other hand I find Netscape will quickly bog down and be unusable
> even on a fast machine while Mozilla continues running quite well (at
> least until it crashes).

	Continuing further off topic - I found Netscape 4.7x pretty close
	to rock solid as long as javascript was disabled. Certainly much
	more than any Mozilla (though it does continue to improve).

	Back on-topic - is anyone looking at getting Mozilla or any other
	recent open source browsers compiled up on NetBSD/pmax?

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --