Subject: Re: Netscape or Mosaic?
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/06/2001 20:39:38
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> I have a lot of trouble believing that.  Digital released OSF/1 for

I definitely remember those messages, but they could have been on the
DS3000's rather than 5000's. However, I have never had an alpha machine
myself, only my vintage pmax. There were definitely a number of binaries
that I copied over from sweet hall, including (as I recall from 1996 or
so) netscape, xemacs, and the berkeley id tools. I miss Netscape, and that
fast X server!!

Unfortunately, the old Ultrix archives here have all been deleted - I
checked.