Subject: Re: Netscape or Mosaic? (was Re: Mouse/keyboard support on DEC3000/400 (and other turbo bus )
To: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/06/2001 17:55:38
Bob Lantz skrev:

>On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, maximum entropy wrote:

>> When Bob first posted about this, I was pretty sure there was an
>> Ultrix version of netscape too.  But a week ago I found a TK50
>> containing /usr/local from my main Ultrix nfs server, backed up
>> shortly before the machine was taken out of service.  The tape had
>> Mosaic, but no netscape.  Thinking back, I'm now fairly certain that I
>> used to run it remotely from an OSF/1 Alpha, just as you said.

>It seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. The only idea I have
>is that Stanford had its/our own port, which was never distributed to the
>world at large... ;-( Maybe some excavation here could dig it up or
>confirm/disprove its existence..

I did a Google search for the terms Netscape and Ultrix together, and the only
hits I got were ones stating that there was no Ultrix version available.

>In any case, it looks like it's gone, and the only thing to do is to try
>to get mozilla or konqueror running,

How many times larger/slower is Mozilla compared to a suitable version of
Netscape? =)

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Gå med i SUGA, Swedish Usergroup of Amiga!
WWW: http://swedish.usergroup.amiga.tm/
BBS: 08-6582572, telnet sua.ath.cx, port 42512.