Subject: Re: Netscape or Mosaic? (was Re: Mouse/keyboard support on DEC
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/06/2001 14:00:28
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, maximum entropy wrote:

> When Bob first posted about this, I was pretty sure there was an
> Ultrix version of netscape too.  But a week ago I found a TK50
> containing /usr/local from my main Ultrix nfs server, backed up
> shortly before the machine was taken out of service.  The tape had
> Mosaic, but no netscape.  Thinking back, I'm now fairly certain that I
> used to run it remotely from an OSF/1 Alpha, just as you said.

It seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. The only idea I have
is that Stanford had its/our own port, which was never distributed to the
world at large... ;-( Maybe some excavation here could dig it up or
confirm/disprove its existence..

Anyway, that is how I used to have a web browser and Xemacs on my
decstation - running the ultrix versions under ultrix. Now I have Xemacs,
but no good web browser...

In any case, it looks like it's gone, and the only thing to do is to try
to get mozilla or konqueror running,

Bob