Subject: Re: Netscape or Mosaic? (was Re: Mouse/keyboard support on DEC 3000/400 (and other turbo bus )
To: None <gendalia@iastate.edu>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/06/2001 16:46:33
>Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 15:34:26 CDT
>From: "Tracy J. Di Marco White" <gendalia@iastate.edu>
>
>Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU> wrote:
>}On another note, did anyone ever track down the last Ultrix version of
>}Netscape? I think it might run on NetBSD via emulation,
>
>Are you sure you don't mean Mosaic?  I ran Mosaic just fine on Ultrix,
>and have versions 2.4, 2.6 & 2.7 in an afs locker here.  I only remember
>running Netscape on Ultrix remotely from an alpha.

When Bob first posted about this, I was pretty sure there was an
Ultrix version of netscape too.  But a week ago I found a TK50
containing /usr/local from my main Ultrix nfs server, backed up
shortly before the machine was taken out of service.  The tape had
Mosaic, but no netscape.  Thinking back, I'm now fairly certain that I
used to run it remotely from an OSF/1 Alpha, just as you said.