Subject: Re: StripeSet (raid0) on NetBSD 1.5 on DS5000/240
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hilmar_B=F6hm?= <h.boehm@ndh.net>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hitl.washington.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/25/2001 12:24:42
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, [iso-8859-1] Hilmar B=F6hm wrote:

> raidctl: unable to open device file: /dev/raid0c
> The device files /dev/raid0c and /dev/rraid0c do exist.

The first time I set up a raid I ran into this problem, because the
default kernel does not include the raid device (so attempts to open
/dev/raid0c will fail).  I don't know if this is your problem, but the
solution to this problem is to uncomment the line

=09pseudo-device  raid             4      # RAIDframe disk driver

from your kernel's config file, build and install a new kernel, and try
again....

Konrad Schroder          http://www.hitl.washington.edu/people/perseant/
Information Tech & Services   Box 352142 -or- 215 Fluke Hall, Mason Road
Human Interface Technology Lab                  University of Washington
Voice: 206.616.1478   FAX: 206.543.5380          Seattle, WA, 98195, USA