Subject: Re: DS5000/2x0 LANCE weirdness
To: Rickard <rickard@snuttefilt.linux-site.net>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/21/2001 16:41:31
On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:36:16PM +0200, Rickard wrote:

> I don't have any answer to what the problem is, but what I can tell you is
> that I had some problems installing on my /260 over tftp as well.

install on the /260 went flawlessly (except for normal sysinst problems, luckily
i'm experienced with installing NetBSD sans sysinst)

> My problem may be isolated to Linux as this is the platform i used, anyway
> here goes.

[snip]

> BTW, I installed NetBSD 1.5.

thanks for the info, but it's not related to that.  it's getting it's ip and
trying to tftp the kernel, but it looks like the lance ethernet is hosed.

hmmmm.

?TFL:  3/mem (2: board 1: too many SBEs: 1048576) [KN03-AA]
?TFL:  3/mem (2: board 3: too many SBEs: 2097152) [KN03-AA]

i think it's time to try a different /2x0 mainboard, i think this one may not
be 100% ok.  i had these memory problems before, and a major cleaning has
obviously not helped.

i'll report back once i get the new mainboard.

-brian