Subject: Re: mixing differents memory modules in DecStation 5000/200
To: Paul Thompson <thompson@mail.athenet.net>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/28/2001 16:02:46
I thought that the contiguous memory was still an issue in the DS5k2xx
whereby the system examines what's in slot 0, and then decides that all
slots are of that size in terms of physical space. you can't mix 8's and
32's except in one case: all 32's except the last, which you can put an
8 in, and the system will see it as a 32 with 24 megs of failed memory.
otherwise, the system expects that your 8s are worth 32, and will barf
most royally when it tries to access some of the memory that's not
there..
isildur