Subject: mixing differents memory modules in DecStation 5000/200
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Christophe Latt <chris@vaxcave.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/28/2001 08:07:27
Hi,
	I have a DecStation 5000/200 where I have 9 x 8MB and 1 x 32MB
modules. With 'cnfg 7' all memorys seems to be recognized but NetBSD have
some Problems with this 'strange' configuration. When I put in first slot
the 32MB module and then the 8MB modules, NetBSD means that I have 320MB
and crashed by 'making devices' (by installation) and whenn I put first
the 8MB modules followed by the 32MB module the kernel hang in the boot
phase. Is there a bug from NetBSD who doesn't like mixed memorys or is
this configuration too strange for the DecStation? I use
NetBSD-1.5.1_Beta.

	Christophe.