Subject: RE: pthreads and pmax
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/23/2001 16:53:55
I seem to recall that problems with pthreads, mySQL, etc. were related to
not having ll/sc or an atomic store syscall on non-R4000 mips NetBSD
systems.

I wonder why you can't just use the memory system for synchronization -
there are probably a number of synchronization algorithms that would work,
and these wouldn't have the overhead of a system call,

Bob