Subject: Re: DECstation 2100 video connector question
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/16/2001 10:13:18
On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 09:23:57PM +1000, Corey S wrote:

> Would anyone have any ideas how I can get it going?

just a wild guess, but does your 2100 have video memory installed? it's
the "odd slot out" on the mainboard.  if it's empty, that would be the
source of your problems.  :)

> Also, what do the red LED's on the back mean?

they tell the state of the machine on powerup and are used to diagnose
hardware problems if the CRT is not working.

> I guess they are status indicators, and if so, what means what?

I just moved, and all my DEC documentation is in an unknown box, but I'm
sure this is floating around on the web somewhere...  if you posted what
the LEDs stop at, I'm sure somebody here with better access to their
pmax/min docs could help.