Subject: Re: PMAGB-BA
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/14/2001 14:05:08
On Mon, 14 May 2001, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> - PMAGB-B WSCONS driver support
> Done.  It utilises SFB capability for character
> rendering and virtical scrolling.  The code is shared between TURBOchannel
> Alpha DEC3000 which people in NetBSD/alpha camp use these days.

	Is this still in -current, or has it been pulled into the pmax
main trunk somewhere?

> - Xserver support
> Done, for NetBSD/alpha.  The Xserver utilises tiny fraction of SFB
> capability for rendering acceleration.  It's far from Digital Xserver
> and retains much room for improvement.

	Does the Alpha 3000 have graphic console support and Xserver
support now? Contrary to their model support page?

> - How can you contribute
> Send me DS5000/200 or DS3100.  I'll write wskbd/wsms for DC7085 serial
> chip.

	I have a 5000/200 MB sitting in my basement that hasn't been used
in two years. Has 5.3t PROM with no known problems netbooting. Do you have
an empty case and PS for a 5000/200 or 5000/2{4,6}0 there? (You would need
to drill an ~1.5cm diameter hole for the BNC if it if were a 500/2{4,6}0
case, but the motherboard fits perfectly otherwise.

	I would much prefer to send a motherboard then send the whole case
and PS, as shipping would be rather expensive.

	Chris