Subject: Re: PMAGB-BA
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/14/2001 15:49:53
> Sorry for disturbing, but could I just ask about status of support of
> PMAGB-BA card? Does any work is done to improve its support
> (acceleration)?

- PMAGB-B WSCONS driver support
Done.  It utilises SFB capability for character
rendering and virtical scrolling.  The code is shared between TURBOchannel
Alpha DEC3000 which people in NetBSD/alpha camp use these days.

- Xserver support
Done, for NetBSD/alpha.  The Xserver utilises tiny fraction of SFB
capability for rendering acceleration.  It's far from Digital Xserver
and retains much room for improvement.

- Why NetBSD/pmax doesn't have the accellerated driver
NetBSD/pmax has been in transition toward newer/saner internal and
implementation.  Part of the goals has completed, leaving many to do.
All of WSCONS framebuffer drivers was made so far.

- How can you contribute
Send me DS5000/200 or DS3100.  I'll write wskbd/wsms for DC7085 serial
chip.

Tohru Nishimura