Subject: Re: Turbochannel Card Info
To: None <s700123@tfh-berlin.de>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/12/2001 08:11:40
On Sat, 12 May 2001, Michael B=E4rwolff wrote:

> Hi
>=20
> I have an PMAG-E (PXG). Is this supported on pmax or alpha. How much RAM
> is on board, looks great, these "monster" Simms.
> If it would be not supported you can decorate your apertment.

PMAG-E is a PXG+ if you want to nitpick. I have one too, but I think one
of the RAM modules is bad, and I don't have the Z-buffer RAM.

=09Yes, it is supported as a console device on pmax, I don't know
about Alpha. Does anyone actually _read_ the model support page? The
PMAG-E is a 24 plane 3D accelerator with optional Z-buffering. I believe
there is a 128k SRAM STAMP packet cache on board, the three black socketed
RAM modules are 2MB VRAM chips, and the two grey socketed RAM modules are
the optional Z-buffer ram. the longer one is for 16-bit and the shorter
one is for 8-bit Z. There is no Xserver avilable for either PixelStamp
(PX/PXG/PXG+/PXG+Turbo) To answer your question, I'd guess there is about
10MB of RAM on the card all together, though it isn't all in one heap as
it is on modern video cards. It actually has an Intel i860 @ 44MHz on that
card too, about the speed of a fast 486.

=09Chris