Subject: Re: Turbochannel Card Info
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Chrischen <cchen@nougat.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/11/2001 13:26:22
On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 10:54:55AM -0400, Chris Tribo wrote:
> PMAGB-BA Would be the fastest 2D card if we had accelerated
> console drivers or an accelerated Xserver for pmax, but alas we do
> not. PMAGB-BA is very slow on the console, and in X. I prefer to use a
> serial console over using a PMAGB-BA. PMAG-F blows a PMAGB-BA out of the
> water, but there is no Xserver available for it, and it takes up three TC
> slots. PMAGD-BA is the best of 2D and 3D acceleration on one card, but
> it's not supported at all yet on NetBSD/pmax AFAIK, should work fine if
> you have an Alpha 3000 series to plug it into though.

Does anyone have any info on the PMAGC-A? I have one in my 3000/600 but so
far have no real idea what it's capable of... It's this rather large
double-width turbochannel board with those cute circular heatsinks and a
shit-ton of soldered ram. I know that it'll do at least 24-bit...

(Looking in my alpha stuff I'm a little spooked to think how much these
framebuffers cost new. I've also got this full-length framebuffer in my
AS600 that has ram covering both sides, and the little 1/8" 3-d glasses
plug...)

--
Chris Chen <cchen@Nougat.ORG>
Beyond Chewable