Subject: Re: Turbochannel Card Info
To: Vance Dereksen <vance@ikickass.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/11/2001 10:54:55
On Thu, 10 May 2001, Vance Dereksen wrote:

> Which is the fastest?  The PMAGB-BA, the PMAG-F, or the PMAGD-BA?  Also,

	PMAGB-BA Would be the fastest 2D card if we had accelerated
console drivers or an accelerated Xserver for pmax, but alas we do
not. PMAGB-BA is very slow on the console, and in X. I prefer to use a
serial console over using a PMAGB-BA. PMAG-F blows a PMAGB-BA out of the
water, but there is no Xserver available for it, and it takes up three TC
slots. PMAGD-BA is the best of 2D and 3D acceleration on one card, but
it's not supported at all yet on NetBSD/pmax AFAIK, should work fine if
you have an Alpha 3000 series to plug it into though.

> what are the chances of the KZTSA FWD-SCSI card being supported, if I were
> to lend one to someone (with a FWD drive, probably) to write support

	Pretty reasonable, if the Alpha port already has a driver for
it. If not, depends on free time.

> for?  Also, does anyone know the difference between the T2025 DECsystem
> 5800 CPU boardset and the T2026 Hyperion 5800 CPU upgrade module?  Thanks.

	I've never heard of either one of those, sure they aren't
Alpha/VAX based systems? The system models page refrences an 58x0 where x
is not equal to zero, but no further information. Perhaps you have
stumbled onto an unseen MIPS based DECsystem?

	Chris