Subject: Re: hardware problems with 5000/25
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: None <nemholt_jf@tsm.es>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/03/2001 10:29:06
Hi!

I tested a bit. Doesn't seem like I'm able to escape to anything.... it's
completely dead.

I tried removing 2 RAM modules. Didn't help.
I then tried all combinations of 2 RAM modules of the 4 I have. Same
problem, so it seems the RAM is OK.
I then tried removing the PMAGB-B video adapter and the keyboard/mouse and
run with a VT console only. Same problem, but this time I got an error on
the console :

     "Stopped in dnetc at       mips1_KernGe"

The dnetc is the Distributed Net client I ran to stress the machine a bit.
This error I catched while running my old 1.4.1. I haven't tried if I get
the same error with 1.5.

I haven't tried yet just leaving it at the boot prompt and see if I still
get the problem.

/Jesper