Subject: hardware problems with 5000/25
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <nemholt_jf@tsm.es>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/30/2001 13:37:13
Hi!

My Personal DECstation 5000/25 has started to become unstable.

Symptom is complete freeze (doesn't react on ping, keyboard, mouse,
anything). It doesn't seem to be related to heat.... I sometimes get the
error while booting the machine and sometimes after running for several
days.

Anyone had similar experience and a good idea regarding what is wrong ?

I would suspect the RAM, but I've tried running various memory testing for
several days without running into problems.

I tried booting my old 1.4.1 installation and I have the same problem, so
it's not related to1.5.
I used to be able to run 1.4.1 for several months without problems, so the
problem is new and most likely a hardware issue.

/Jesper