Subject: Re: VRC21-HA
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@del.net>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/27/2001 07:35:25
On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 10:56:35PM -0400, Chris Tribo wrote:

> > Yes. The old Sony trinitron monitors are quite smart syncers. If the
> > monitor has 5 BNCs, it will deal with any sync that it can get, SoG,
> > CSync, separate H/V sync.
>
>     The VRC-16 is actually a Toshiba tube oddly enough. Failing my corrupted
> memory, it's a Hitachi; the one I have is certainly not Sony though, and has
> 5 - BNC input FWIW.

i can't speak for the VRC-16, but the VRC21-HA is a Mitsubishi monitor rebadged
DEC, and doesn't Mitsu make their own tubes?  hell, go to www.mitsubishi.com,
these guys make one of everything.

anyway, it's a.... uhm..... memory failure.

crap, i'll check at work, we actually have the Mitsubishi ones there.  look
exactly like mine, 'cept mine says digital on the front, so it's cooler. :)
they are also slightly different color cases, since i snagged the contol cover
off of one at work to put on at home (they sit in racks at work, no-one
actually uses them, although i may one day get them fired up if i can get work
to buy the cables i need) and it doesn't quite match.  the digital case is
slightly darker and the Mitsu case is that "standard PC beige".

cheers,

-brian