Subject: Continuing TCP/IP Problems
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Wilson <phyaw@phy.hw.ac.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/22/2001 23:47:48
Hi All,

I did as Manuel suggested and compiled the kernel without IP6 but i'm
stll having the same problems. Symptoms are if i connect to a host
external to my network by hostname i.e. telnet host.netbsd.org there is
a delay of at least 60 seconds before a connection is established.

However if i telnet to an IP address i.e. 100.150.200.232 the connection
is immediate.

This would suggest some sort of name resolution problem but nslookup on
a hostname returns an IP instantly. My nsswitch.conf entry for hosts is:
files dns

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem can be ??

Cheers

Alan./

| Alan Wilson,                |                              |
| Physics Department,         |   Tel:      0131-451-3040    |
| Heriot-Watt University,     |   Fax:      0131-451-3136    |
| Edinburgh,EH14 4AS,Scotland.|   Email:  phyaw@phy.hw.ac.uk |