Subject: Re: More on MIPS hardwares -- Re: 240/260 CPU hacking....
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/22/2001 16:43:28
>> Algorithmics Ltd of UK, one of the coolest MIPS guys on the planet,
>> provides useful documents online.
>
> For people who are serious in building MIPS processor hardwares, it's also
> invaluable to obtain other docs from the company.  One of them;

I found a PDF from NEC Electronics is pretty informative to learn MIPS
related products in market.

''VR Series 64-Bit Processors Development Tools Catalog ''

It's available thru www.necel.com WWW site;

     Top page -> Microprocessors -> Evaluation Boards -> (any of PDF icons,
     they all point to a single PDF)

The catalog provides Vr chip (from 4100 to 10000/12000) summary,
companion chipsets by NEC, development tools and softwares sourced by
outside NEC, evaluation boards and instrument tools available in
market.  The doco is handy to read.

Tohru Nishimura