Subject: TFTP Booting Problems
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <henry.bent@oberlin.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/10/2001 01:54:57
Hi all,

I have a DECSystem 5000/25 - a beast not listed in the hardware database, but
it's just a Personal DECStation that ignores the video-out.

Anyway, I'm having problems TFTP booting.  Whenever I try to load a file, I
get something like this:

--
>>boot 3/tftp/nfsnetbsd.ecoff
888368?IO: 3/tftp, a.out err (-5)
--

I'm using Pumpkin TFTP for Windows, which lets me watch the file's progress.
Sometimes it'll time out after a very small number of bytes (~2K), and

In case it's of use, I have PROM KN02-CA v2.0m.

--
Henry Bent, Help Desk Consultant           http://wtsp.cjb.net
henry.bent@oberlin.edu                     440-775-5870