Subject: Re: TFTP Booting Problems
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Henry R. Bent <henry.bent@oberlin.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/10/2001 02:12:55
Simon Burge wrote:

> > In case it's of use, I have PROM KN02-CA v2.0m.
>
> Unfortunately that PROM version is mentioned on the board list as "Does
> not TFTP boot files more than 1MB".  Do you have another box that you
> can put a SCSI disk in so you can use the diskimage instead?

Yeah, I do have a 40MB SCSI disk lying around here that I could put it on - I
guess I was just trying to do something a little more elegant.  I suppose I'll
still be loading everything NFS :-)

In theory, though, shouldn't I be able to boot the NetBSD/pmax 1.3.2
"nfsnetbsd.ecoff" kernel, which is only 990K?  I tried this, and it refuses.

--
Henry Bent, Help Desk Consultant           http://wtsp.cjb.net
henry.bent@oberlin.edu                     440-775-5870