Subject: Re: CD-Boot problems
To: Sridhar Ayengar <sridhar@ikickass.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/28/2001 11:21:45
Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Do I have to do anything special to write a CD-R in 512-byte sectors under
> Windows or anything like that?

Not that I know of, but I've not had much to do with burners.

> Nero, the program I'm using seems to want
> to write in 2048-byte sectors.  Does this cause problems for pmax boot?
> Whenever I try to boot my 3100 I get an error (I will provide the error if
> necessary... it isn't in front of me right now) and when I try to boot my
> 5000/200, I get the following error after the primary bootstrap starts to
> load:
>
> Can't load '5/rz2//boot.pmax'
>
> followed by a couple of similar error messages with different filenames.
> The CD boots just fine on an i386 (it is set up to boot on either).  I
> would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

Can you mount the CD and see if there is indeed a boot.pmax in the
rootfs of the CD?  The first stage prints the "Can't load ..." message,
so that means you've run installboot successfully.

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/