Subject: help my maxine again...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <LFessen106@aol.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/13/2001 18:10:53
OK, I obviously need a little hand holding here.  My current project is a Maxine (DS5000/33) with a Pmagb-b 24 megs of ram (shortly to become 40), a Digital LK501 KB and associated mouse.
I installed NetBSD on this machine and it looks to be working great EXCEPT I have a few annoying set-up questions...
Please have pitty on me and don't thell me to RTFM, or check the Faq or the man pages, as I already have done so and have found them lacking the information I need.

Anyhow, There are a few things I really need help with..
Since I actually have a *real* console connected to this and not a terminal I need help setting the console up.
1) How do I get the correct KB emulation for the CLI?
2) How do I get the correct KB emulation under X?
 - each of these produce ansi chars on the f-keys, ansi codes on the delete (if anything at all), etc..  My /etc/ttys has the console entry as:
console "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"  rcons on secure
3) How do I enable VT's (or virtual console's)?
 - Yes I checked the faq which only mentions i386 archetecture..  Doesn't match the wscons.conf on a pmax.
It's possible I actually have them working but can't check because ctl-alt-fkey produces ansi codes, etc..

I realize most people using these use a serial console, but since I actually have the correct hardware I'd like to use it :-)  Plus, X on my Digital GDM-1660 monitor looks great!

Thanks in advance!
-Linc. Fessenden